On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim recruiting arrangements for the Australian Public Service.
As a result of these arrangements only current ongoing APS employees are eligible to apply for the following vacancies.
Further information regarding the interim arrangements is available on the APSC website.
**Please Note that this opportunity is only available to current ongoing Australian Public Service employees**
Position: Branch Manager, Strategy
Classification: SES Band 1
Employment Status: Ongoing
Position Contact: Professor Aidan Byrne
Apply Address: email@example.com
Applications Close: Tuesday, 11 November 2014
About the Role:
The Strategy Branch Manager is responsible for: leading the ARC's policy development activities (strategic and program); ensuring the ARC meets its non-financial corporate governance responsibilities (including risk management and audit); liaising effectively with internal and external stakeholders; data provision and analysis; and supporting ARC committees.
The ARC is a small agency, as a result of this; ARC Senior Executives have a breadth of responsibility and a strong role in the leadership of the organisation. ARC Senior Executives effectively lead teams and manage change within the organisation to enable us to achieve our mission to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
The ARC operates in a challenging environment requiring leaders who can contextualise the Agency's position within the Australian research funding environment, understand and respond to the needs of stakeholders (internal and external), and manage change. ARC Senior Executives plan carefully to realise our mission and gain commitment from staff to implement strategies and achieve results.
ARC Senior Executives are expected to have a well-rounded knowledge base that is founded on the values of the Public Service, and understanding of individual and organisation behaviour, as well as sensitivity to the social and political environment.
- Lead strategic and programme policy development activities
- Ensure non-financial corporate governance responsibilities are met including strategic planning, reporting and internal audits
- Represent the ARC at high level discussions and negotiations with key stakeholders/outside organisations and other government agencies
- Promote workplace practices consistent with ARC policy and in accordance with APS values and leadership behaviours
- ARC Recruitment Information for applicants - PDF Format (500KB) - Word Format (279KB) - To be read by all applicants before forwarding their application
- ARC Job application cover form - PDF Format (350KB) - Word Format (277KB) - To be completed by all applicants before forwarding their application
- Referee's Report - Proforma document - PDF Format (351KB) - Word Format (266KB)
- ARC Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014 - PDF Format (804KB) - Word Format (415KB)
- Cracking the Code: How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- Information for Indigenous Australian applicants
Applications for advertised vacancies should be sent to:
Email: recruitment[@]arc.gov.au (preferred)
Australian Research Council
GPO Box 2702
Canberra ACT 2601
ARC Corporate Policies and Commitment Statements
- Public Interest Discolsure (PID)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Workplace Diversity Plan - PDF Format (643KB) - Word Format (2.8MB)
- Agency Multicultural Plan (AMP) - PDF Format (947KB) - Word Format (7MB)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Misconduct Policy - PDF Format (503KB) - Word Format (2.5MB)