On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim recruiting arrangements for the Australian Public Service.
As a result of these arrangements only current ongoing APS employees are eligible to apply for the following vacancies.
Further information regarding the interim arrangements is available on the APSC website.
- ARC Recruitment Information for applicants - PDF Format (500KB) - Word Format (279KB) - To be read by all applicants before forwarding their application
- ARC Job application cover form - PDF Format (226KB) - Word Format (124KB) - To be completed by all applicants before forwarding their application
- Referee's Report - Proforma document - PDF Format (351KB) - Word Format (266KB)
- ARC Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014 - PDF Format (804KB) - Word Format (415KB)
- Cracking the Code: How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- Information for Indigenous Australian applicants
Applications for advertised vacancies should be sent to:
Email: recruitment[@]arc.gov.au (preferred)
Australian Research Council
GPO Box 2702
Canberra ACT 2601
Position: Assistant Director – ERA Project Manager
Classification: Executive Level 1
Employment Status: Ongoing
Position Contact: Ms Sarah Howard
Apply Address: email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 3 June 2015
About the Opportunity:
This position is with the Research Excellence Branch which is responsible for the development and implementation of the ERA research evaluation process. ERA evaluates the quality of the research undertaken at Australian universities by discipline. Committees of internationally-recognised researchers undertake the evaluations, using a range of metrics and peer assessments.
Members of the Branch work in a fast-paced environment and are expected to:
- Have a commitment to achieving quality outcomes;
- Interact positively and effectively within the ARC and with a broad range of external stakeholders;
- Meet tight deadlines; and
- Have a good understanding of the Australian higher education research sector.
Duties and Tasks may include:
The occupant of the position will provide executive support at a high level in a Project Manager role, providing project management support for the ERA project, and for the ERA IT development project. This may include:
- undertaking project management of the ERA process, including planning and scheduling for the project and maintaining the project governance documents and processes including risk assessment
- providing business support to the IT team in the form of project management of the IT development; liaising with the IT team; reporting to the ERA Project Board
- providing analysis of ERA business operations and processes, including identifying and clarifying business objectives and requirements
- providing general executive support to the work of the Research Branch as required, including planning and leading research and analysis, and preparing advice, reviews, reports, briefings and correspondence;
- providing senior leadership at the section level, including deputising for the Director where required;
- liaising with representatives of higher education institutions, organisations and individuals who are involved in ERA;
- providing high level support and advice regarding the identification, evaluation and reporting of research quality (including metrics), the development of program guidelines, the development, testing and review of relevant methodologies, and the provision of data and analyses to support the work of ERA;
- assisting with consultation processes including providing secretariat support for working groups and evaluation committees;
- supervising staff as required.
ARC Corporate Policies and Commitment Statements
- Public Interest Discolsure (PID)
- Staff Misconduct Policy and Guidelines - PDF Format (661KB) - Word Format (4.41MB)
- Agency Multicultural Plan – PDF Format (687KB) – Word Format (583MB)
- Reconciliation Action Plan – PDF Format (693KB) – Word Format (1.41MB)
- Workplace Diversity Plan – PDF Format (627KB) – Word Format (887KB)