On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim recruiting arrangements for the Australian Public Service.
As a result of these arrangements only current ongoing APS employees are eligible to apply for the following vacancies.
Further information regarding the interim arrangements is available on the APSC website.
**Please Note that this opportunity is only available to current Australian Public Service employees**
Position: Director, Program Operations - Linkage
Classification: Executive Level 2
Employment Status: Non-Ongoing for a Period of up to 12 Months
Position Contact: Laura Dan
Apply Address: email@example.com
Applications Close: Thursday, 9 October 2014
About the Opportunity:
The Branch is responsible for administration of the National Competitive Grants Program. The branch has three sections:
- Program Operations – Discovery Program;
- Program Operations – Linkage; and
- Program Partnerships.
The Linkage Program section is responsible for the pre-award, selection and award stages of four schemes under the Linkage Program. The section is also responsible for coordinating the business development and implementation of the new Research Management System RMS2.0.
The occupant of the position will play a lead role in the Branch in the development and coordination of all aspects of the Linkage Program, and ensure consistency within the NCGP administration. The current Linkage Program schemes managed under thus section are:
- Industrial Transformation Research Program
- Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities
- Linkage Projects
Members of the Program Branch work in a fast-paced environment and are expected to:
- have a commitment to achieving quality outcomes;
- interact positively and effectively within the ARC and with a broad range of external stakeholders;
- meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities; and
- have a good understanding of the Australian higher education research sector.
Duties and Tasks
The occupant of the position will provide operational services to the ARC which will include:
- Managing the selection processes for the four schemes under the Linkage Program;
- Coordinating strategic advice for funding rules and relevant documents for future rounds;
- Undertaking research and analysis; preparing policy advice, reports, briefings and correspondence related to the outcomes and further development of the Linkage Program;
- Coordinating the business development and implementation of the new Research Management System RMS2.0.
- Providing strategic leadership and direction, people and resource management, (managing staff development processes and communication strategies);
- Liaising with representatives of the public and private sectors, notably higher education institutions, organisations and individuals (national and international) engaged with the NCGP;
- Undertaking other tasks consistent with the ARC mission related to enhancing research and research management as necessary.
- ARC Recruitment Information for applicants - PDF Format (500KB) - Word Format (279KB) - To be read by all applicants before forwarding their application
- ARC Job application cover form - PDF Format (350KB) - Word Format (277KB) - To be completed by all applicants before forwarding their application
- Referee's Report - Proforma document - PDF Format (351KB) - Word Format (266KB)
- ARC Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014 - PDF Format (804KB) - Word Format (415KB)
- Cracking the Code: How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- Information for Indigenous Australian applicants
Applications for advertised vacancies should be sent to:
Email: recruitment[@]arc.gov.au (preferred)
Australian Research Council
GPO Box 2702
Canberra ACT 2601
ARC Corporate Policies and Commitment Statements
- Public Interest Discolsure (PID)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Workplace Diversity Plan - PDF Format (643KB) - Word Format (2.8MB)
- Agency Multicultural Plan (AMP) - PDF Format (947KB) - Word Format (7MB)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Misconduct Policy - PDF Format (503KB) - Word Format (2.5MB)