On 31 October 2013, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service, Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz, announced interim recruiting arrangements for the Australian Public Service.
As a result of these arrangements only current ongoing APS employees are eligible to apply for the following vacancies.
Further information regarding the interim arrangements is available on the APSC website.
**Please Note that this opportunity is only available to current ongoing Australian Public Service employees**
- ARC Recruitment Information for applicants - PDF Format (500KB) - Word Format (279KB) - To be read by all applicants before forwarding their application
- ARC Job application cover form - PDF Format (226KB) - Word Format (124KB) - To be completed by all applicants before forwarding their application
- Referee's Report - Proforma document - PDF Format (351KB) - Word Format (266KB)
- ARC Enterprise Agreement 2011-2014 - PDF Format (804KB) - Word Format (415KB)
- Cracking the Code: How to apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- Information for Indigenous Australian applicants
Applications for advertised vacancies should be sent to:
Email: recruitment[@]arc.gov.au (preferred)
Australian Research Council
GPO Box 2702
Canberra ACT 2601
Position: Senior Project Officer, Data Analysis
Classification: APS 6
Employment Status: Ongoing
Position Contact: Ms Penny Knox
Apply Address: email@example.com
Applications Close: Wednesday, 4 February 2015
About the Opportunity:
The position is part of a small team that assists the ARC in analysing and reporting on research supported through the National Competitive Grants Program. Tasks of the position may include:
- extracting and analysing data about the NCGP for both internal and external clients
- conducting specialised data analyses to inform policy development
- preparing reports and presentations based on these analyses
- supervising staff as required
- undertaking other tasks for the Strategy Branch and the ARC.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel essential; skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required; skills in SQL and Access desirable
- Ability to provide basic descriptive statistics, e.g. analysis of trends etc.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to analyse issues, undertake research and inform policy development
- Demonstrated ability to work to tight timelines and manage competing tasks
- High level oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of research matters and stakeholders relevant to the Commonwealth’s interest in research and research training and the ARC’s objectives and programs
ARC Corporate Policies and Commitment Statements
- Public Interest Discolsure (PID)
- Commitment Statement – ARC Workplace Diversity Plan - PDF Format (643KB) - Word Format (2.8MB)
- Agency Multicultural Plan (AMP) - PDF Format (947KB) - Word Format (7MB)
- Staff Misconduct Policy and Guidelines - PDF Format (661KB) - Word Format (4.41MB)