- Media release: ACES continues cutting-edge electromaterials science
- Media release: 150 new Future Fellows to bolster Australian research
- The Funding Outcomes are now available for Future Fellowships for funding commencing in 2014
- Media release: New ARC Research Hub to transform dairy industry
- ERA 2015 Submission Documents have now been released
- Find out more about the ARC significant measures in the 2014–15 Federal Budget
- ARChway newsletter – June 2014 edition
- ARC FAQs including ARC Assessment Cycle information now available
- Congratulations to Professor Kathy Daly from Griffith University on being named a Fellow of the American Society of Criminology
- ARC CEO congratulates the 78 Australian researchers highly cited by Thomson Reuters
- ARC CEO extends condolences to family, friends and colleagues of Professor Philippa Maddern following sad news of her passing
Welcome to the Australian Research Council website
The ARC is a statutory agency within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines, with the exception of clinical medicine and dentistry.
ERA assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions and gives government, industry, business and the wider community assurance of the excellence of research conducted. It also provides a national stocktake, by research discipline areas, of research strength against international benchmarks.
Future Fellowships 2014 Funding Outcomes
Minister for Education, the Hon. Christopher Pyne MP, has today announced the funding outcomes for Future Fellowships commencing in 2014.The Funding Outcomes have been released and are now available on the Future Fellowships Funding Outcomes page. The media kit for this announcement—including: Minister's media release, funding snapshot, state project example sheets—can be viewed from the Announcement Kits page.
ERA 2015 Submission Guidelines, Discipline Matrix and Technology Pack release
The ARC has released the Excellence in Research for Australia(ERA) 2015 Submission Guidelines, Discipline Matrix and Technology Pack. These documents provide a detailed guide to the rules and processes for ERA 2015 submission, as well as technical documentation, Code Tables and XML schema related to the ERA 2015 submission process. Documentation regarding ERA 2015 evaluation will be released separately.
Submission Stage 0 for ERA 2015 will open on Monday, 19 January 2015For more information, please visit the ERA 2015 page.