At the conclusion of each ERA round, the ARC has published a National Report. The State of Australian University Research 2015–16: Volume 1 ERA National Report continues that tradition.
With three rounds of ERA now complete, this unique dataset covers all Australian university research outputs, staffing and activity from 2003 to 2013, and research income and research application data from 2006 to 2013. Over the coming year the ARC will produce additional volumes based on analyses of this longitudinal data, which will provide further insights into the state of Australian university research. Volume 2 is due for release in the first half of 2016.
The ERA ratings for fields of research at each institution are available on the ERA 2015, ERA 2012 and the ERA 2010 pages. The National Reports provide the ERA ratings and a related wealth of information and analyses. These reports are available on the ARC Archive website.
The inaugural State of Australian University Research 2015–16: Volume 1 ERA National Report comprehensively details the quality of Australian university research benchmarked against world standards.
It identifies the excellence in research across a broad range of universities and the outstanding performances in areas of specialisation. Overall the quality of Australian university research continues to improve. This report includes the ERA 2015 national results and research published in the period 1 January 2008–31 December 2013.
All documentation regarding ERA 2015 is accessible in the ERA 2015 page. Please note that material on this page is strictly related to ERA 2015 only.
State of Australian University Research 2015–16: Volume 1 ERA National Report*:
- Full HTML version: State of Australian University Research 2015–16: Volume 1 ERA National Report
- Introduction (24 pages, PDF 686KB)
- Section 1—ERA 2015 National Overview (74 pages, PDF 4MB)
- Section 2—Overview by Two–Digit Fields of Research Code (18 pages, PDF 2MB)
- Section 3—Results by Fields of Research Code (158 pages, PDF 16MB)
- Section 4—National Profiles by Fields of Research Code (102 pages, PDF 2MB) – Excel Format (248KB)
- Section 5—Institution Report (26 pages, PDF 2MB) – Excel Format (84KB)
- Appendices (14 pages, PDF 2MB)
- ERA 2015 National Report – Full Version – Zip format 10MB
ERA National Reports from the previous evaluation rounds are only accessible via the ARC Archive website (please note that documents in the ARC Archive website may not meet Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.). These include:
- ERA 2012 National Report—in December 2012, the Australian Research Council released the outcomes of the second round of Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA). The second round reported on research published in the period 1 January 2005–31 December 2010.
- ERA 2010 National Report—in 2010, the Australian Research Council released the outcomes of the first comprehensive national ERA assessment. This round reported on research published in the period 1 January 2003–31 December 2008.
- ERA 2009 Trial—in 2009, the Australian Research Council conducted a trial of ERA for two discipline clusters—Humanities and Creative Arts (HCA) and Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences (PCE). The trial assessed research in these discipline clusters published in the period 1 January 2002–31 December 2007.
Content Last Modified: 22/06/16