The System to Evaluate the Excellence of Research, referred to as "SEER", is the information technology platform operated by the Australian Research Council (ARC) which supports the submission, evaluation and administration workflows of the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) initiative.
SEER is intended for use by eligible Australian higher education providers, ERA Reviewers (both Research Evaluation Committee members and Peer Reviewers) and the ARC. In using SEER, these users and their institutions are deemed to have read and agreed to these terms and conditions. Where access to SEER is provided by the ARC to individuals acting as ERA Reviewers, they are required to comply with their contract with the ARC, and in particular with the confidentiality and copyright provisions laid out in that document.
If you are logging in to SEER as an ARC-appointed ERA Reviewer, you, the SEER user, agree to:
- cease accessing SEER where your role as an ERA Reviewer no longer requires you to do so, or requires you not to do so
- ensure that in accessing data through your login you comply with all relevant clauses in your contract with the ARC, particularly those dealing with privacy, confidentiality, and copyright
- ensure any data uploaded to SEER is in accordance with any instructions, format or specification advised by the ARC
- notify the ARC if you are aware of, or believe there could reasonably be a perception of, a conflict of interest in your having access to any part of the data provided through SEER
- notify the ARC if you are aware of, become aware of or suspect any breach to these terms and conditions by any person.
The ARC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and where necessary suspend or cancel access to SEER.
SEER is made available to you as an ERA Reviewer, 'as is' and, to the extent permitted by law, without any representation or warranty of any kind. The ARC accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred by you, your institution or any other person in respect to or as a result of any matter arising from or directly or indirectly relating to your use of or participation or involvement with SEER.
Content Last Modified: 26/06/15