National Competitive Grants Program
ARC Centres of Excellence
ARC Centres of Excellence are prestigious foci of expertise through which high-quality researchers collaboratively maintain and develop Australia's international standing in research areas of national priority.
ARC Centres of Excellence involve significant collaboration which allows the complementary research resources of universities, publicly funded research organisations, other research bodies, governments and businesses to be concentrated to support outstanding research.
The objectives for the ARC Centres of Excellence are to:
- undertake highly innovative and potentially transformational research that aims to achieve international standing in the fields of research envisaged and leads to a significant advancement of capabilities and knowledge;
- link existing Australian research strengths and build critical mass with new capacity for interdisciplinary, collaborative approaches to address the most challenging and significant research problems;
- develop relationships and build new networks with major national and international centres and research programs to help strengthen research, achieve global competitiveness and gain recognition for Australian research;
- build Australia’s human capacity in a range of research areas by attracting and retaining, from within Australia and abroad, researchers of high international standing as well as the most promising research students;
- provide high-quality postgraduate and postdoctoral training environments for the next generation of researchers;
- offer Australian researchers opportunities to work on large-scale problems over longer periods of time; and
- establish Centres of such repute in the wider community that they will serve as points of interaction among higher education institutions, governments, industry and the private sector generally.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the relevant Funding Rules and Funding Agreements. Grants from the ARC are made to organisations, not individual researchers or research teams.
- Funding Rules
- Funding Agreement
- Instructions to applicants and Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Application Forms
- Application closing dates
- Funding Outcomes
- Funded Projects 2014
- Funded Projects 2011
- Funded Projects 2005
- Policing and Security
- Submit a Nomination for a Centre Fellowship
- Submit an Annual Report or Final Report