National Competitive Grants Program
The Discovery Projects scheme provides funding for research projects that can be undertaken by individual researchers or research teams.
The Discovery Projects Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2014 are now available.
The objectives of the Discovery Projects scheme are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research by individuals and teams
- enhance the scale and focus of research in the National Research Priorities
- expand Australia’s knowledge base and research capability
- encourage research and research training in high-quality research environments
- enhance international collaboration in research
- foster the international competitiveness of Australian research.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the relevant Funding Rules and Funding Agreements. Grants from the ARC are made to organisations, not individual researchers or research teams.
- Funding Rules
- Eligibility Exemption Request
- Funding Agreement
- Instructions to applicants and Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Application Form
- Funding Outcomes
- Application closing dates
- RMS Information
- Reporting requirements
- Request not to assess
- Classification Codes – FOR, RFCD, SEO and ANZSIC
- Definition of Medical and Dental Research