National Competitive Grants Program
The Linkage Projects scheme provides funding to Eligible Organisations to support research and development (R&D) projects which are collaborative between higher education researchers and other parts of the national innovation system, which are undertaken to acquire new knowledge, and which involve risk or innovation.
Proposals for funding under the Linkage Projects scheme must include at least one Partner Organisation. The Partner Organisation must make a contribution in cash and/or in kind to the project. The combined Partner Organisation contributions for a Proposal (i.e. the total of the cash and in-kind contributions of the Partner Organisations) must at least match the total funding requested from the ARC.
The Linkage Projects Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2014 are now available.
The objectives of the Linkage Projects scheme are to promote:
- initiation and/or development of long-term strategic research alliances between higher education organisations and other organisations, including industry and end-users, in order to apply advanced knowledge to problems and/or to provide opportunities to obtain national economic, social or cultural benefits;
- the scale and focus of research in the Strategic Research Priorities;
- opportunities for researchers to pursue internationally competitive research in collaboration with organisations outside the higher education sector, targeting those who have demonstrated a clear commitment to high-quality research; and
- growth of a national pool of world-class researchers to meet the needs of the broader Australian innovation system.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the relevant Funding Rules and Funding Agreements. Grants from the ARC are made to organisations, not individual researchers or research teams. The Funding Rules contain the list of Eligible Organisations.
- Funding Rules
- Funding Agreement
- Instructions to Applicants and Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample Application Form
- Funding Outcomes
- Consultation Paper
- Application closing dates
- Reporting requirements
- Request not to assess
- RMS Information
- Classification Codes – FOR, RFCD, SEO and ANZSIC
- Researchers in Business