Changes: Funding Rules—Industrial Transformation Training Centres 2018
Changes to the Industrial Transformation Training Centres Funding Rules for funding commencing in 2018
Note: this list contains the major changes to rules and is not to be taken as exhaustive. Please consult the Funding Rules for schemes under the Linkage Program (2017 edition) or contact your research office for further clarification.
- Definitions in the General Funding Rules section (A3) are now included for:
- Active Project Assessment Date
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Funding Offer
- Project Activity Period
- Project Leader; and
- Travel Costs.
Excluding Active Project Assessment Date, these definitions replace information previously contained in the detail of previous Funding Rules or Funding Agreements and there is no change to intent.
- The new term Active Project Assessment Date (the date on which Active Project eligibility will be considered), has been introduced into the Definitions, and referenced at subsections A6.1 and A6.4. This is a scheme-specific date that changes the date when Project and Proposal limit eligibility is assessed.
Please note: as per A6.1.5, “A Project cannot commence until all CIs, PIs and Directors meet the eligibility criteria in these Funding Rules.” i.e. even if you can apply for more than allowed in the Project limits specified at A6.4, you cannot start any Project until you meet the limits, and all eligibility criteria in the Funding Rules.
Example 1: you can apply for a IC18 while holding two LP16s but you must relinquish a LP16 (or your role on that Project) before commencing the IC18 in order to meet the limit of four Linkage Program Projects (excluding LIEF).
Example 2: you may apply for a IC18 while holding four LP15s with Project end dates prior to 1 July 2018. However, you cannot start the IC18 until at least one of the LP15s have been completed, one LP15 has been relinquished or your role on one LP15 has been relinquished in order to meet the limit of four Linkage Program Projects (excluding LIEF).
- Clarified Partner Organisation’s letter of support inclusions (A5.2.4).
- Added ‘salary top ups’ to the Budget Items Not Supported to reflect existing advice (A7.3).
- Updated Request Not to Assess process to require justification to be provided when nominating a College of Experts member (A8.5).