- Media release:New ARC Centre to address critical questions about language
- Media release: New ARC Centre of Excellence to open windows into the human body
- Media release: ARC Research Hub to transform manufacturing through 3D metal printing
- The ARC website has been updated to reflect new membership of the ARC College of Experts
- The Minister for Education the Hon Christopher Pyne has announced $24 million in funding to the University of Tasmania for the Antarctic Gateway Partnership
- Media release: New ARC Research Hub: making commercial rock lobster aquaculture a reality
- Media release: ERA 2015 Research Evaluation Committee Chairs announced
- Consultation now open for the ARC Centres of Excellence scheme for funding commencing in 2017
- ARChway newsletter – October 2014 edition
- Media Release: New ARC Food Processing Training Centre to focus on 'fortified food'
- Institutions can submit records for EID tagging directly to Elsevier from 1 October 2014 until 12 December 2014
- Find out more about the ARC significant measures in the 2014–15 Federal Budget
- View a list of recent stories in the news about ARC-funded research
- Plant library takes on the global weeds menace
- Researchers celebrate koala chlamydia breakthrough
- Sediment impacts on fish larvae (23/10/14)
Welcome to the Australian Research Council website
The ARC is a statutory agency within the Australian Government. Its mission is to deliver policy and programs that advance Australian research and innovation globally and benefit the community.
In seeking to achieve its mission, the ARC provides advice to the Government on research matters, manages the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP), and administers Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
Through the NCGP - a significant component of Australia's investment in research and development - the ARC supports the highest-quality fundamental and applied research and research training through national competition across all disciplines, with the exception of clinical medicine and dentistry.
ERA assesses research quality within Australia's higher education institutions and gives government, industry, business and the wider community assurance of the excellence of research conducted. It also provides a national stocktake, by research discipline areas, of research strength against international benchmarks.
Special Research Initiative for Antarctic Gateway PartnershipSpecial Research Initiative for Antarctic Gateway Partnership webpage.
2015 ARC Major Grants Announcement
The Minister for Education, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP, has announced the funding outcomes of the Discovery Projects, Discovery Indigenous, Discovery Early Career Researcher Award and Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities schemes for funding commencing in 2015.
Corresponding media releases, snapshots and example sheets can be found on the Announcement kits page.