ARC Centres of Excellence involve significant collaboration which allows the complementary research resources of universities, publicly funded research organisations, other research bodies, governments and businesses to be concentrated to support outstanding research.
The objectives for the ARC Centres of Excellence are to:
- undertake highly innovative and potentially transformational research that aims to achieve international standing in the fields of research envisaged and leads to a significant advancement of capabilities and knowledge
- link existing Australian research strengths and build critical mass with new capacity for interdisciplinary, collaborative approaches to address the most challenging and significant research problems
- develop relationships and build new networks with major national and international centres and research programs to help strengthen research, achieve global competitiveness and gain recognition for Australian research
- build Australia’s human capacity in a range of research areas by attracting and retaining, from within Australia and abroad, researchers of high international standing as well as the most promising research students
- provide high-quality postgraduate and postdoctoral training environments for the next generation of researchers
- offer Australian researchers opportunities to work on large-scale problems over long periods of time
- establish Centres that have an impact on the wider community through interaction with higher education institutes, governments, industry and the private and non-profit sector.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the relevant Funding Rules and Funding Agreements. Grants from the ARC are made to organisations, not individual researchers or research teams.
- Release of Funding Rules: 26 May 2015
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) application period: 3 June – 22 July 2015
- Rejoinder: 21 August – 31 August 2015
- SAC meeting for shortlisting EOIs in Canberra: 23 September – 25 September 2015
- Notify sector of shortlisted EOIs and invite full applications: 2 October 2015
- Full Proposal application period: 7 October – 16 December 2015
- Rejoinder: 4 March – 21 March 2016
- Interview notification: 15 April 2016
- Interviews: Week of 16 May 2016
- Announcement of CE17 outcomes: August 2016
The 2014 funding round for ARC Centres of Excellence has concluded. Applicants submitted an Expression of Interest (EOI) which closed on 8 May 2013, with full proposals closing on 8 August 2013. The Minister approved funding for 12 Centres to the value of 4.9 million over the life of these Centres.
For information on the funded ARC Centres of Excellence click on a link below:
The 2011 funding round for ARC Centres of Excellence has concluded. Applicants submitted an Expression of Interest (EOI) which closed on 25 November 2009 and submission of full proposals closed on 19 April 2010. The Minister approved funding for thirteen Centres to the value of 5.9 million over the life of these Centres.
For information on the funded ARC Centres of Excellence click on a link below
Content Last Modified: 04/08/16