Discovery Indigenous scheme provides funding to Administering Organisations to support research programmes led by an Indigenous Australian researcher and build research capacity of higher degree research and early career researchers.
The objectives of the Discovery Indigenous scheme are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training by Indigenous Australian researchers as individuals and as teams
- develop the research expertise of Indigenous Australian researchers
- support and retain established Indigenous Australian researchers in Australian higher education institutions
- expand Australia’s knowledge base and research capability.
The Discovery Indigenous scheme was previously named the Discovery Indigenous Researcher Development scheme. Documents relating to the Discovery Indigenous Researcher Development scheme are now located at Previous Schemes.
Grants from the ARC are made to organisations, not individual researchers or research teams.
- Release of Funding Rules: 10 September 2015
- Proposals Open: 3 February 2016
- Request Not to Assess Close: 17 March 2016
- Proposals Close: 31 March 2016
- Rejoinders: June 2016
- Announcement: October/November 2016
Content Last Modified: 05/05/16