Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities:
The Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities scheme provides funding for research infrastructure, equipment and facilities to eligible organisations.
The scheme enables higher education researchers to participate in cooperative initiatives so that expensive infrastructure, equipment and facilities can be shared between higher education organisations and also with industry.
The scheme also fosters collaboration through its support of the cooperative use of international or national research facilities.
Under the scheme, applicants may seek funding for:
- infrastructure, equipment and facility purchases, construction and installation
- salaries directly associated with creating and installing infrastructure, equipment or facilities
- consortium membership costs, in the case of Australia's participation in the use of significant international-scale or national research facilities
- specialised computing/data facilities and software
- compilations, catalogues, clearing houses or bibliographies.
The objectives of the Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities scheme are to:
- encourage Eligible Organisations to develop collaborative arrangements with other Eligible Organisations, higher education institutions and/or their Partner Organisations to develop and support research infrastructure
- support large-scale national or international cooperative initiatives thereby allowing expensive research infrastructure to be shared and/or accessed
- support areas of existing and/or emerging research strength
- support and develop research infrastructure for the broader research community.
Applications for funding under the Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities scheme are processed once a year.
- Release of Funding Rules: 22 September 2016
- Proposals Open: 8 February 2017
- Request Not to Assess Close: 22 March 2017
- Proposals Close: 10 April 2017
- Rejoinders: TBA
- Anticipated announcement: September 2017
Content Last Modified: 07/04/17