The Linkage Projects scheme provides funding to Eligible Organisations to support research and development (R&D) projects which:
- are collaborative between higher education researchers and other parts of the national innovation system
- are undertaken to acquire new knowledge, and
- involve risk or innovation.
Proposals for funding under the Linkage Projects scheme must include at least one Partner Organisation. The Partner Organisation must make a contribution in cash and/or in kind to the project. The combined Partner Organisation contributions for a Proposal (i.e. the total of the cash and in-kind contributions of the Partner Organisations) must at least match the total funding requested from the ARC.
The objectives of the Linkage Projects scheme are to:
- support the initiation and/or development of long-term strategic research alliances between higher education organisations and other organisations, including industry and other research end-users, in order to apply advanced knowledge to problems and/or to provide opportunities to obtain national economic, commercial, social or cultural benefits
- provide opportunities for internationally competitive research projects to be conducted in collaboration with organisations outside the higher education sector, targeting those who have demonstrated a clear commitment to high-quality research
- encourage growth of a national pool of world-class researchers to meet the needs of the broader Australian innovation system
- build the scale and focus of research in the national Science and Research Priorities.
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the relevant Funding Rules and Funding Agreements. Grants from the ARC are made to organisations, not individual researchers or research teams. The Funding Rules contain the list of Eligible Organisations.
The Australian Government released its National Innovation and Science Agenda on 7 December 2015. One of the measures within the agenda is for the ARC to implement a continuous Linkage Projects scheme. For more information please view the ARC National Innovation and Science Agenda page.
- Release of Funding Rules: 10 September 2015
- Proposals Open: 16 September 2015
- Request Not to Assess Close: 28 October 2015
- Proposals Close: 11 November 2015
- Rejoinders: Open 16 February 2016 - Close 5.00pm (AEDT) 29 February 2016
- Announcement: 6 May 2016 (for Proposals submitted 16 September 2015 to 11 November 2015)
Content Last Modified: 06/05/16