The Research Management System (RMS) is a web-based system used to prepare and submit research proposals, assessments and rejoinders for the Australian Research Council’s (ARC) National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP).
Registered users can login using your email address and password at https://rms.arc.gov.au. To request a new account, go to https://rms.arc.gov.au and click on the Request New Account link.
- Introduction to RMS – PDF Format (1MB) – Word Document (951KB)
- Submitting a Proposal in RMS – PDF Format (1MB) – Word Document (1MB)
When to use RMS
- To submit a pre-submission eligibility issue in a scheme round
- To submit a proposal in a scheme round
- To submit an assessment in a scheme round
- To submit a rejoinder in response to external assessment comments
- To update personal details
- To view outcomes of a scheme round
Updates to RMS
Since the launch of RMS in August 2014, the ARC has released all major parts of pre-award functionality, allowing the system to support researchers, peer reviewers and ARC Staff through the pre-award processes.
The design and development of post-award functionality is underway, scheduled for a release later in 2015.
RMS minimum requirements
RMS will be compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Compatibility with different browsers or older versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer is not guaranteed.
Researchers should direct requests for information to the Research Office within their organisation. For other queries, please contact the RMS help desk on 02 6287 6789 or email the team at: rms[@]arc.gov.au
Content Last Modified: 22/11/16