EI 2018: Creative Arts and Humanities Panel
Professor Gerard Goggin
Acting Head of School, Professor of Media and Communications
The University of Sydney
Professor Gerard Goggin is an internationally-renowned scholar whose research focuses on social, cultural, accessibility, and inclusion aspects of digital technologies, especially the internet and mobile media and communication. He has published 20 books and over 170 journal articles and book chapters, and is the inaugural Professor of Media and Communications at The University of Sydney, a position he has held since 2011.
A Fellow of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, Professor Goggin is the Secretary-General of the International Association of Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), President of the Australian and New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA), and co-founding editor of journal Internet Histories.
As well as his academic roles, Professor Goggin has a twenty-five year involvement in communications, infrastructure, consumer, and social policy, including appointments as a foundation board member of peak organisation Australian Consumer Communication Action Network (ACCAN), deputy chair of self-regulatory body Telephone Information Services Standards Council (TISSC), member of the Australian e-Research Infrastructure Council (AeRIC), and currently serves on the board of the Centre for Disability Studies.
EI 2018 Panel Members
- Dr Judith Bishop, Appen
- Mr Michael Campbell, WestWords
- Ms Jillian Comber, Comber Consultants Pty Ltd
- Professor Gerry Docherty, Griffith University
- Associate Professor Penelope Edmonds, University of Tasmania
- Professor Paul Egglestone, The University of Newcastle
- Professor Adrian Franklin, University of South Australia
- Dr Richard Gillespie, Consultant
- Professor Nicole Gurran, The University of Sydney
- Professor Jeremy Moss, The University of New South Wales
- Professor Kirsten Orr, University of Tasmania
- Ms Bethwyn Serow, Australian Major Performing Arts Group (AMPAG)
- Professor Anita Stuhmcke, University of Technology Sydney
- Associate Professor Amanda Third, Western Sydney University
- Dr Michael Wykes, University of Exeter