Welcome to the ARC Peer Review pages where you will find information and resources to assist you to succeed in producing quality peer review assessments for the ARC National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP).
The contribution of ARC Assessors is extremely valuable in ensuring that the ARC funds the highest quality research as well as providing applicants with useful, constructive feedback for future applications. The ARC is very grateful to all researchers who provide assessments as well as to members of its selection committees. As such, the ARC has released a ‘Statement of Support for Assessors within the National Competitive Grants Program’.
The ARC seeks to identify and support high quality and innovative research and the core business of peer review relies on its assessors to provide rigorous assessments of applications submitted to the ARC that are within their expertise.
While many of the ARC external assessors are volunteers, all researchers supported by the ARC are expected to participate in peer review for the NCGP.
Please take some time to read the material provided on the following pages which includes:
- an explanation of the comprehensive assessment processes for ARC funding schemes;
- links to important policies and guidelines that assessors must be familiar with;
- handbooks to help assessors use the Research Management System (RMS);
- links to educational resources for peer review training; and
- a definition of what a quality assessment is along with examples of what is good, bad and what should be avoided in assessments.