Research Management System (RMS) Information
The Research Management System (RMS) is a web-based system used by multiple agencies to manage their research grants program's processes for functions such as: submissions, assignment and assessment, rejoinders, announcement, offers and acceptance. RMS is also used for post-award activities such as variations, end of year reporting, and final reports.
RMS Key Information
RMS is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Compatibility with different browsers or older versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge is not guaranteed.
To comply with the security requirements of all Australian government systems, and protect the information that is held in RMS, the ARC must enforce strict password controls in RMS.
Key documents and links
- RMS User Management Guide – PDF Format (1MB) – Word Format (1MB)
- Submitting an Application in RMS – PDF Format – Word Format
- User Guide: Research Outputs in RMS—Instructions for adding Research Outputs to your RMS Profile – PDF Format – Word Format (updated 2021)
- Frequently Asked Questions—RMS Auto-population of Research Outputs
- RMS: How to view outcomes
- RMS Funding Announcements web page
- RMS: How to use Grant Agreement functionality
- Information on eligibility functionality in RMS for ARC's NCGP schemes
- RMS Auto-population of Research Outputs
- Research Office Staff Only – Notifications and Dashboard User Guide – PDF Format (476KB) – Word Format (442KB)
- Research Office Staff Only – API User Guide – PDF Format (421KB) – Word Format (350KB)
RMS Dashboard and Notifications
The ARC has functionality within the Research Management System (RMS) to allow Research Office staff to set up an easy access dashboard to access pre-selected data and receive notifications to assist with the management of Post-award activities.
RMS Dashboard and Notifications User Guide – PDF Format (845KB) – Word Format (581KB)
Participants should direct requests for information to the Research Office or Lead Agent. For other queries, please contact the RMS Support team on 02 6287 6789 or email RMSSupport@arc.gov.au.
RMS Instance Information
As per the Research Grants Services page the ARC is providing grants administration services to other Australian Government entities who are managing grant programs focussed on the university and research sector. This initiative has resulted in the availability of multiple RMS instances for the input and management of applications, assessments and post award activities. Below you will find links to ARC RMS and other RMS portals.
Australian Research Council
For more information about the Australian Research Council (ARC), please see the ARC webpages.
For more information on the ARC's National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP) please see the NCGP webpages.
Link to the ARC version of RMS: https://rms.arc.gov.au
When to use RMS for the Australian Research Council
- To update personal details
- To submit an application in an NCGP scheme round
- To submit an assessment in an NCGP scheme round
- To submit a rejoinder for an NCGP scheme round in response to external assessment comments
- To view outcomes of an NCGP scheme round
- To accept grant agreements and offers for an NCGP
- To submit Variations to Grant Agreement (Variation) for NCGP funded projects
- To submit Partner/Participating Organisation Agreed Contribution Report (POACR) for NCGP funded projects
- To submit End of Year Reports (EoYR) for NCGP funded projects
- To submit Final Reports for NCGP funded projects