The ARC's Linkage funding schemes aim to:
- encourage and extend cooperative approaches to research; and
- improve the use of research outcomes by strengthening links within the innovation system in Australia and internationally.
Linkage promotes national and international research partnerships between researchers and:
- community organisations; and
- other publicly funded research agencies.
Through these partnerships, the ARC encourages the transfer of skills, knowledge and ideas as a basis for securing commercial and other benefits of research.
The Linkage schemes are:
- ARC Centres of Excellence
- Industrial Transformation Research Program
- Linkage Infrastructure, Equipment and Facilities
- Linkage Learned Academies Special Projects
- Linkage Projects
- Special Research Initiatives
- Supporting Responses to Commonwealth Science Council Priorities
- Early Career Industry Fellowships
- Mid-Career Industry Fellowships
- Industry Laureate Fellowships