Industry Laureate Fellowships
For information on recently announced grant outcomes under the Industry Laureate Fellowships scheme please visit the following pages:
- Selection Report: Industry Laureate Fellowships 2023
- Announcement Kit: Industry Laureate Fellowships 2023 Announcement
The Industry Laureate Fellowships scheme creates a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in industry, and industry-based researchers to work in university settings, with the aim of increased two-way mobility and skill-building in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation.
Up to 8 Industry Laureate Fellowships may be awarded each year providing salary contribution for up to 5 years and project costs up to $1,500,000.
The objectives of the Industry Laureate Fellowships scheme are to:
- provide leadership in the development of high quality and impactful collaborations between university and industry personnel
- fund significant programs of research that deliver step-changes across a variety of industry settings
- provide an excellent research training environment and exemplary mentorship to nurture the development of collaboration, commercialisation and translation skills among early career researchers and Higher Degree by Research students
- attract and retain, within Australia, outstanding researchers and research leaders of international reputation with demonstrated capacity for collaboration, commercialisation and/or translation.
Who is this for?
This scheme is intended to support researchers from industry as well as university settings, for example Senior Researchers, with an exemplary record of research translation, who want to build the next generation in their field or Chief Technology Officers looking to build and transform an emerging industry.
Fellows must spend time undertaking research in both the university and industry setting.
How do I apply?
University Research Offices manage applications for any ARC scheme. Interested researchers should contact the relevant Research Office who will assist in preparing and submitting an application through the ARC’s Research Management System.
How do I find out more?
The Grant Guidelines provide further detail on the schemes, including eligibility requirements and assessment criteria. These are published on Grant Connect.
Opening and closing dates are listed on the ARC’s Grant's Calendar.
If you are an applicant and have any queries about this scheme please contact a university research office in the first instance.
- Industry Fellowships Program Grant Guidelines on GrantConnect.
- Documentation available via: Industry Laureate Fellowships 2024 Current Grant Opportunity View— GO6414
- Important dates for Industry Laureate Fellowships grant application process
The ARC can be contacted for queries about Industry Laureate Fellowships at email@example.com.