Special Research Initiatives
Special Research Initiatives (SRI) fund new fields of research [link] to improve Australia’s global competitiveness. Funding supports cooperative development including:
- activities between researchers
- research of national and international linkages
- innovative research areas
- building the scale and focus of research training
- any other activities consistent with the scheme's objectives
Funding can be used to develop networks and collaborations or publish research not funded elsewhere.