Are you looking for details of a grant funded by the ARC? Try Grants Search.
Are you looking for trends about what the ARC funds? Try trend visualisations.
Are you looking for raw data? Try ARC public datasets (below).
ARC Grants Search
The ARC’s Grants Search is designed to make it easier for you to find details of ARC-funded research projects as well as to collate data about the research projects for statistical analysis.
Grants Search provides access to all research projects funded by the ARC since 2001. Information as at the time of Ministerial announcement and as at the time of data extraction is available. You can view on screen, extract data into an excel spreadsheet, and there is a public API where results are returned in JSON format.
Additional information on each of the fields and functionality is provided within Grants Search [click on the "?" icon for further information on functions].
Are you looking for trend data about what the ARC funds?
The ARC’s trend visualisations are designed to make interactive data available in an easy to view and use format.
Selected summary statistics provide an overview of ARC funding under the NCGP since 2002. The statistics are based on funding commencement year.
The visualisations are based on information that was current at the time project applications were approved and announced for funding by the Minister, and accordingly excludes any post-award variations that may subsequently have been approved. For this reason, figures may not match with results found in Grants Search. Please see the Methodology and Data notes.
Additional information on each of the fields and functionality is provided within each visualisation.
ARC public datasets
ARC research data for projects funded since 2002 is available to view and download in Microsoft Excel format. The data is provided at the project level to enable flexibility in exploring the data. This may require further manipulation using excel or other analytics applications where the datasets can be combined and linked.
- NCGP Projects – this dataset lists ARC funding for all projects by funding commencement year including university group, Administering Organisation, state/territory, program, scheme, STEM/HASS allocation, Primary Field of Research Division (FoR 2D) and Primary Field of Research Group (FoR 4D)
- Yearly Funding Allocation – this dataset lists ARC funding by calendar year of funding allocation for all projects.
- Projects by Classification – this dataset lists the classification type, code and name by proportion identified in individual grant applications awarded funding by the Minister.
- Success Rates – this dataset lists the number of applications received, projects funded and the success rate by scheme and Primary Field of Research Group (FoR 4D) from 2011 (inclusive).
- Participating Organisations – this dataset lists organisations named on grant applications awarded funding by the Minister.
Field of Research (FoR) Changes
In 2020 the Australian Bureau of Statics released the new Field of Research codes (FoR20), superseding the previous 2008 release (FoR08). From mid-2021 only FoR20 codes have been used in all ARC applications, resulting in changes in how FoR codes are being reported on, including classification numbers and the distribution amongst the fields of research. (More information can be found at: Classification Codes—FoR, RFCD, SEO and ANZSIC Codes | Australian Research Council).
Please find below a tables that captures the split between FoR codes applied to schemes whose initial year of funding fell in 2022, or was announced in 2022.
|LP21, DE22, DP22, IN22, LE22
|LP22, IH22, IC22, FT22, FL22, DE23, DP23, IN23, LE23, CE23
The information in these datasets is limited to what was current at the time project applications were approved and announced for funding by the Minister, and accordingly excludes any post-award variations that may subsequently have been approved. For this reason, figures may not match with results found in Grants Search.
While due care has been taken in its preparation, the ARC cannot guarantee and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness or interpretation of the information.