Mid-Career Industry Fellowships
For information on recently announced grant outcomes under the Mid-Career Industry Fellowships scheme please visit the following pages:
- Selection Report: Mid-Career Industry Fellowships 2023
- Announcement Kit: Mid-Career Industry Fellowships 2023 Announcement
The Mid-Career Industry Fellowships scheme creates a pathway to support academic researchers in establishing careers in industry, and industry-based researchers to work in university settings, with the aim of increased two-way mobility and skill-building in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation.
Up to 25 Mid-Career Industry Fellowships may be awarded each year providing salary contribution for up to 4 years and project costs up to $290,000.
The objectives of the Mid-Career Industry Fellowships scheme are to:
- strengthen the industry collaboration skills of mid-career researchers
- encourage uptake of a wider range of career options for established researchers
- supervise and develop future research and nurture their development of collaboration, commercialisation and translation skills, and
- deliver significant, actionable outcomes for industry partners and end-users.
- develop a strong pipeline of researchers in Australia with capabilities in research collaboration, translation and commercialisation
- open up and maintain a diversity of career pathways traversing university and industry settings
- increase strategic engagement and alignment between universities and industry
- contribute to the solving of industry-identified challenges and opportunities, and
- create commercial, economic and other benefits for Australia through enhanced translation and commercialisation, including the development of start-up companies.
Who is this for?
This scheme is intended to support researchers from industry as well as university settings, for example researchers wanting to build industry connections and tackle a new industry problem or professionals looking to strengthen university connections and research skills.
Fellows must spend time undertaking research in both the university and industry setting.
How do I apply?
University Research Offices manage applications for any ARC scheme. Interested researchers should contact the relevant Research Office who will assist in preparing and submitting an application through the ARC’s Research Management System.
How do I find out more?
The Grant Guidelines provide further detail on the schemes, including eligibility requirements and assessment criteria. These are published on Grant Connect.
Opening and closing dates are listed on the ARC’s Grant's Calendar.
If you are an applicant and have any queries about this scheme please contact a university research office in the first instance.
- Industry Fellowships Program Grants Guidelines on GrantConnect.
- Documentation available via: Mid-Career Industry Fellowships 2024 Current Grant Opportunity View—GO6327
- Important dates for Mid-Career Industry Fellowships grant application process
The ARC can be contacted for queries about Mid-Career Industry Fellowships at firstname.lastname@example.org.