EI 2018: Social Sciences Panel
Professor Richard Dunford
Associate Dean, International & External Relations
The University of New South Wales
Professor Richard Dunford joined The University of New South Wales Business School in January 2017 as Associate Dean, International & External Relations. Professor Dunford has held a range of academic leadership roles, including PVC (Business and Law), University of Newcastle; Chair of the International Business Discipline, University of Sydney Business School; Deputy Dean/Interim Dean, MGSM; Head of Management, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand; and Associate Dean for Research and Postgraduate Studies, University of Technology Sydney.
As well as working within the university sector, Professor Dunford has worked in business (the oil industry) and government (technology policy) and has provided consulting services on strategy, managing change and executive education to a wide range of companies in Australasia and South-East Asia. Through these roles, Professor Dunford has had extensive experience engaging with Asia, industry and government.
In addition, Professor Dunford is an accomplished scholar, having widely published in journals such as Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Management Studies, Long Range Planning, Human Relations and Organization Studies.
Professor Dunford has also been the recipient of multiple ARC Discovery and Linkage grants. He was Deputy Chair of the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) Economics and Commerce Committee, is a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, and has been a member of EQUIS accreditation review panels for universities in Asia and Europe.
EI 2018 Panel Members
- Professor Edward Aspinall, The Australian National University
- Professor Michelle Baddeley, University of South Australia
- Professor Susan Danby, Queensland University of Technology
- Professor Vaille Dawson, The University of Western Australia
- Mr Subhas DeGamia, Focal Point Advisory Partners
- Dr Gigi Foster, The University of New South Wales
- Professor Jennifer Gore, The University of Newcastle
- Ms Louise Hanlon, Independent Consultant
- Professor Mark Hughes, Southern Cross University
- Mr James Migro, Western Australian Police
- Professor Rachel Parker, Queensland University of Technology
- Professor Carolin Plewa, The University of Adelaide
- Dr Tim Reddel, Department of Social Services
- Professor Kevin Stevenson, The University of Melbourne
- Professor Mark Western, The University of Queensland