The ARC is committed to reconciliation, and to supporting and working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. The Discovery Indigenous scheme provides grant funding to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researchers to:
- expand Australia’s knowledge base
- improve research capacity in Australia
- develop economic, commercial, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits for Australia.
Discovery Indigenous projects:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researchers - as individuals and as teams
- support national and international research collaboration
- enhance the scale and focus of research in Australia
- support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researchers
Key Documents and Information for the Discovery Indigenous 2023
All Grant Opportunities, Grant Opportunity Guidelines and addenda/alterations are published on GrantConnect.
- The Grant Guidelines for Discovery Indigenous 2023 are now available on GrantConnect
- Discovery Indigenous Grant Guidelines Forecast Opportunity View—2023
- Documentation available via: Discovery Indigenous 2023 Current Grant Opportunity View—GO5268
- Important dates for Discovery Indigenous 2023 grant application process