The Australian Research Council is an independent Australian Public Service agency.
- advises the government of the day on research matters
- administers the National Competitive Grants Program (NCGP)
- administers the Research Grants Services (RGS)
- identifies and promotes excellence through Australia’s national research evaluation framework, the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- assesses the Engagement and Impact (EI) of Australia’s funded research.
We are a mix of public servants and highly esteemed academics drawn from the higher education and research sectors.
It is important to note we do not actually conduct any research here at the ARC. We leave that up to the talented researchers and research training bodies we support through our grant funding process.
We are a proud agency of the Australian Public Service. Our staff are employed under our Enterprise Agreement and the Public Service Act 1999.
- There are currently no open secondments.
Who are we looking for?
We want to get the right people into the right jobs. We are looking for motivated, agile, and resilient people from a variety of backgrounds and academic disciplines.
We want like-minded people who share our values of Genuine, Empowering, Fair, Kind, and Trusting.
We are seeking a broad range of diverse candidates who:
- can assist us to grow knowledge and innovation for the benefit of the Australian community
- have a desire to serve our Australian community
- support research and industry stakeholders to achieve excellence in their relative research fields
- are genuine team collaborators
- leave their personal agendas at the door, and
- understand we can achieve so much more as a cohesive group than what we could individually.
- You must be an Australian Citizen
- You must be prepared to undergo an ID verification process prior to engagement
- You must hold, or be able to obtain and maintain, a security clearance at the level required for the vacancy
- Specific qualifications or professional memberships (where required)
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- An ARC Day – one additional leave day per calendar year
- Flexible working conditions
- Flexible and generous leave arrangements
- Healthy Lifestyle Allowance
- Generous training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
Before submitting your application:
- Read the Information for Applicants
- Contact the position’s Contact Officer to understand the role, the recruitment process and required information.
Ensure you include the following documents in your application:
All applications are to be submitted to ARC-HRTeam@arc.gov.au before the closing date.