Annual Reporting Responsibilities of the ARC Special Research Initiative in Excellence in Antarctic Science (SRIEAS)
Official reporting (and accounting) requirements apply to the expenditure of public funds. For each calendar year for which there has been at least six months of activity, all ARC Special Research Initiative in Excellence in Antarctic Science grants are required to produce and submit to the ARC an Annual Report by 31 March of the year immediately following the reporting year.
Completing your Annual Report
As per the Grant Agreement, the following information should be included in the ARC Special Research Initiative in Excellence in Antarctic Science Annual Report:
- the extent to which the objectives of the Initiative and the application have been met
- a summary of research highlights and achievements
- a summary of other outputs resulting from the use of the grant funds, including any advances in knowledge and technologies
- measurement and account of performance against Key Performance Indicator targets
- any issues affecting the progress of the grant or its research, and a statement of mitigation strategies employed
- a detailed activity plan for the next 12 months
- any other matters which from time to time may be requested in writing by the ARC as matters which must be included in an Annual Report.
Financial one-page summary
A high-level, one-page financial statement is required in the Annual Report. An example is provided below. Please note that the below table is intended as a guide only and may be adjusted as necessary.
Example high level expenditure reporting required for ARC Special Research Initiative in Excellence in Antarctic Science. Income is divided across different source types and expenditure is split across high level categories.
|State Government Grants
|Travel and Visitor Support
|Workshops and Conferences
|Management and Administration
|Education, Outreach and Communications
Submitting an Annual Report
By 31 March of the year following the reporting year, ARC Special Research Initiative in Excellence in Antarctic Science grants must submit via email to ARC-Postaward@arc.gov.au:
- Annual Report containing the reporting requirements for your ARC Special Research Initiative in Excellence in Antarctic Science
as noted in the Grant Agreement
- measurement and accounting of the grant’s performance against performance targets as set out in Schedule B4 of the Grant Agreement.
For further information please contact the Major Investments team at the ARC on +61 2 6287 6600 or email your enquiry to ARC-Postaward@arc.gov.au.