7 October 2016
Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham
Minister for Education and Training
CANBERRA ACT 2600
It is with great pleasure that I present the Australian Research Council (ARC) Annual Report for 2015–16.
This report has been prepared for the purposes of:
- section 46 of the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013, which requires that an annual report be given to the entity’s responsible Minister for presentation to the Parliament
- section 46 of the Australian Research Council Act 2001 (ARC Act).
Under section 46 of the ARC Act, the report provided to you must also deal with (a) any matters required by other provisions of the ARC Act to be dealt with in the report (Ministerial directions); and (b) any other matters that the Minister, by notice in writing to the Chief Executive Officer, requires to be dealt with in the report. There were no relevant matters to be dealt with in the 2015–16 annual report.
As the Accountable Authority of ARC, I certify that:
- fraud risk assessments and fraud control plans have been prepared
- appropriate mechanisms for preventing, detecting incidents of, investigating or otherwise dealing with, and recording or reporting fraud that meet the specific needs of the ARC are in place
- all reasonable measures have been taken to deal appropriately with fraud relating to the ARC.
Ms Leanne Harvey
Acting Chief Executive Officer