Guide to the Report
The State of Australian University Research 2015-16: Volume 1 ERA National Report presents a comprehensive assessment by discipline of the quality of research activity conducted in Australia's higher education institutions. This volume provides information on the discipline-specific research activity of each eligible Australian higher education institution (see Appendix 1: Eligible Institutions), and the contribution of each discipline to the national landscape.
The ERA National Report is divided into six sections which are listed below:
- The Introduction provides an overview of the ERA framework and methodology
- Section 1: ERA 2015 National Overview provides a national summary of world standard research performance, a summary of all data submitted for the purposes of the ERA evaluation, some comparative data for ERA 2010, ERA 2012 and ERA 2015, and some preliminary analysis of the ERA 2015 submission data
- Section 2: Overview by Two-Digit Fields of Research (FoR) Code provides a summary of two-digit FoR codes for the suite of indicators presented in ERA
- Section 3: Results by Fields of Research (FoR) Code provides a summary of evaluation outcomes and data for each FoR code, including key volume and activity information and ERA rating outcomes
- Section 4: National Profiles by Fields of Research Code provides a detailed breakdown of ERA data by two- and four-digit FoR codes
- Section 5: ERA 2015 Institution Report provides the ERA ratings for each assessable Unit of Evaluation (UoE) for each of the 41 institutions eligible for ERA.
Enquiries about the State of Australian University Research 2015-16: Volume 1 ERA National Report should be directed to:
Executive General Manager
Australian Research Council
Tel +61 (02) 6287 6755
This report is available on the ARC website (opens in new window)
If you have issues with obtaining any information or document on our website, please contact the ARC on +61 (02) 6287 6600 or .