For information on recently announced grant outcomes under the Discovery Indigenous scheme please visit the following pages:
- Selection Report: Discovery Indigenous 2022
- Announcement kit: Discovery Indigenous 2022 Announcement
The Discovery Indigenous scheme provides grant funding to support research projects led by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researcher.
The Discovery Indigenous scheme objectives are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researchers as individuals and as teams;
- support national and international research collaboration;
- enhance the scale and focus of research in Australian Government priority areas; and
- support and retain established Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander researchers in higher education institutions.
The intended outcomes of the Discovery Indigenous scheme are:
- expanded knowledge base and research capacity in Australia; and
- economic, commercial, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits for Australia.
The Discovery Indigenous scheme was previously named the Discovery Indigenous Researcher Development scheme. Documents relating to the Discovery Indigenous Researcher Development scheme are now located at Previous Schemes.
Grants from the ARC are made to organisations, not individual researchers or research teams.
All accountable authorities and officials must use GrantConnect to publish all Grant Opportunities, all Grant Opportunity Guidelines and all addenda/alterations.
The ARC will no longer publish Grant Opportunity Guidelines (formerly known as Funding Rules) on our website.
While the Grant Guidelines are available to view, you will need to sign in or create a User Registration account in GrantConnect to access all relevant documentation for Grant Opportunities.